Monday, July 25, 2011

Mahi Mahi Texas Style

                                        Sorry I have been out for a while but I am back with a great and simple recipe for Mahi Mahi. Catching and eating this fish is something everyone should do. I have been fishing since I was four and the first time i hooked up to a mahi was in California and it was a big one! Ever since then i have been hooked. Mahi put up a great fight but it never ends there, once in the boat they keep fighting until they reach the ice, and I have had one of these bull mahi's that slap me around like i was nothing. They are a beautiful fish and they also taste great on the grill, pan, fried and sauteed. Always remember if you haven't tried it you can't say you don't like it.

 as always, 

keep your drinks cold and your lines tight




For starters you will need:

4 mahi mahi fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon black pepper, to taste
1 table spoon of garlic salt
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced or lemon

1. Season both sides of the fillets with garlicsalt, and pepper and set aside.
2. In a large cast iron skillet add in olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot place seasoned fillets in pan.
3. Add in cilantro and lime juice.
4. Cook until fish is done. Serve with steamed rice.

4 comments:

  1. hope everyone gives this a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from the Sunday Blog hop and I am following your blog thru GFC. I love seafood, just about all of it except I will not eat shark or octopus! Everything else is negotiable. I do love a good fish cooked right!! I would love a follow back when you get a chance. Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm sounds good.

    I am following from Super Stalker Sunday. Please follow me back at http;//babygiveawaysgalore.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Following you from a blog hop!:0)
    Hope you visit me and return the follow!

    ReplyDelete